Saudi Arabia’s Ministry of Hajj and Umrah has announced that only local people of different nationalities in limited numbers will attend this year’s Hajj and that the numbers will ‘likely’ not to exceed 10,000.
The Ministry of Hajj and Umrah revealed that along with the Ministry of Health a comprehensive plan was devised for Hajj this year which will be controlled to avoid the spreading of the novel coronavirus.
The Minister of Hajj devised the following plans:
1. Only Residents of Saudi Arabia will attend Hajj this year
2. Number of Hujjaj will not reach tens of thousands
3. People above the age of 65 will not be allowed for Hajj
4. People with chronic diseases will not be allowed
5. People will go through mandatory testing before going to Hajj
6. Strict Social distancing will be applied throughout Hajj
7. Health Status of Pilgrims will be checked daily
8. People will be isolated after completing Hajj Pilgrimage