Saudi Arabia on Tuesday announced the opening of Mosques around the Kingdom among other things as the country plans to normalize life as it was before the Coronavirus Pandemic hit. Among them were the opening of Mosques around the Kingdom except the city of Makkah from 31 May 2020 (8 Shawwal 1441) Various Precautionary measures and restrictions were issued by the Ministry of Islamic Affairs:
1. Opening mosques 15 minutes before the Adhan and closing them 10 minutes after prayer
2. Reducing in the waiting period between the Adhan and Iqamah to 10 minutes.
3. Opening windows and doors from entering time to the end of the prayer.
4. Removing the Qur’an and books temporarily from the Mosques.
5. Attendees to leave a distance of 2 meters between each other.
6. Leave one space between each row.
7. Closure all water coolers and refrigerators.
8. Suspension of the distribution of water or food in the mosque or anything else.
9.Closure of the toilets and places of ablution.
Precautionary measures on Jummah:
1. Opening mosques 20 minutes before Friday prayers and closing them 20 minutes after prayer. 2 . Friday sermon with prayer should not exceed 15 minutes The General Presidency for the Affairs of the Two Holy Mosques is expected to issue Protocols for the Two Holy Mosques Soon
Inside the Haramain is a subsidiary of ‘Haramain Sharifain’, the second largest Harmain Source on Digital Media.